Rigorously monitor EHS legislation in the USA & Canada
- Never miss an important update.
- Annotate changes to laws and new laws.
- Assign responsibility to review.
- Generate reports of your EHS compliance efforts.
- Easily ensure continuous conformance to the law.
Environmental, Health and Safety Legal Audit Protocols
Environment, Health and Safety Legal Compliance is Complex
Nimonik is thrilled to offer a number of easy to use EHS legal compliance protocols for the United States and Canada. These protocols are kept up to date by our team and are offered to you on both EHS Audit and EHS Audit Mobile so you can spend less time building audit protocols and more time auditing. To see a full list of available protocols, you can visit our pricing guide here.
If you have questions about the protocols or our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does EHS Tracker work?
EHS Tracker allows you to track and monitor EHS legislation in Canada and the United States. For Canadian legal requirements, users can consult easy to understand guidance on air emissions, hazardous waste, and 16 other environmental topics with links to the source legislation. EHS Tracker is the best automated tool to meet ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001requirements for the management of legal requirements (element 4.3.2 of ISO 14001:2004 and OSHAS 18001).
How fast are the updates?
We update you as quickly as possible. The chronology of events is as follows,
- Week 1: When the government publishes an updated we write an update on the site.
- Email: These updates are sent by email every month on the third week of the month for the preceding month. (i.e. All the updates for June are sent via email on July 19th.)
- Week 2-3: When the new legislation is available online, it is automatically added to your registers.
- Based on this update, we will set all of your references to the piece of legislation to “Under Review”.
- Email: We send a digest of all of your references to changed legislation on the first of the month. This update is filtered based on user permissions and will list the legislation that is still “under review” in your register. If you have already removed an item from “under review”, it will not be in this update.
Easy to understand updates
- 1 Filter by time period and industry.
- 2 Easy to understand updates on the site and via email with links to the legislation.
- 2 Easily share these updates by email.
Quickly view all changed and new legislation that affects you
- 1 View new legislation that applies to your sector and jurisdiction.
- 2 Assign responsibility to review an item to a colleague, they will get an email reminder.
- 3 See updates to legislation already being tracked by facility and sector.
- 4 Simply click on Review to leave notes related to the new and changed legislation.
Monitor EHS legislation specific to your operations
- 1 Create lists of legislation to monitor for each facility.
- 2 Organize legislation by business activity and see when it changes.
- 3 When you review an item, add a note to track your history.
Manage authorizations for your colleagues
- 1 Restrict user access to limit what they can see and do.
- 2 Allow users to manage everything, a facility or just a register.
- 3 See who can do what.
Monitor activity in your account
- 1 View all the activity in your account.
- 2 Download a report of your account activity in Excel as evidence.
- 3 Filter information by time and register.
- 4 View reviewed legislation and completed tasks with detailed notes and information.
Remember important EHS dates
- 1 See expiry dates of permits, CofAs and other docs.
- 2 See recurring reporting requirements tied to permits.
- 3 See legislative reporting requirements.
- 4 Leave notes for your colleagues when you complete an item.
Generate reports of EHS reporting deadlines and responsible people.
- 1 See completed, upcoming, past due and items completed late.
- 2 See item name responsible person, and due date.
- 3 See upcoming reporting deadlines.
View source EHS legislation
- 1 View all the EHS legislation in Canada and the US by jurisdiction and industrial sector.
- 2 View brief descriptions of each piece of legislation.
Understand changes to legislation
- 1 View easy to understand updates that reference the legislation.
- 2 View changes to legislation. Red text has been removed, green text has been added.
- 1 Every month you get our plain language guidance of legislative changes that affect you.
- 2 If you have referenced a law or regulation in your legal register and the law changes, you will receive a monthly notification.
- 3 If you have uploaded a permit or other document into the system and set an expiration or renewal date, you will receive an email reminder.
- Track laws.
- Stay compliant.
- Work in teams.
- Meet ISO 14001.